Network Security Engineer
New York, NY
- 5-10 years of experience working with network and telecommunications technology and asset. Cisco Certification CCNP highly favorable
- 2 - 5 Experience with Palo Alto next-gen firewalls is must.
- Experience with network support application and management tools, such as Infoblox, WhatsUpGold, F5.
- Thorough practical knowledge and experience using Cisco Systems, routing and switching. Cisco hardware, including Catalyst, Nexus, and software Client.
- Advanced work experience with specified hardware and software and variety of network protocols involved in LAN and WAN interfacing, security, internet protocols and TCP/IP, and network infrastructure.
- Experience in Telecommunications Facilities including MPLS and DSL.
- IP Networking & IP Telephony (IP phones, SIP Trunking, etc.).
- Voice/Data Cabling System Design & Implementation and Various Communications Technologies (T1/T3, DSL, ISDN, VOIP, POTS, Wireless/Cellular Devices & Services, Audio/Video Conferencing Systems, etc.).
- Willing to mentor and exchange knowledge with other team members
- Strong background in disaster recovery and business continuity. A high-availability, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work in both strategic and operational situations.
- Willing to work be on-call on a rotation basis,
- Proven problem solving Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer service focus and experience working with operations.
- Must be willing to be on-call and work evenings and weekends to commit changes and perform TTU and perform other after market work.