New York, NY
MySQL DBA role encompasses a wide range of responsibilities including the installation, configuration, administration, and maintenance of MySQL databases in a clustered environment. DBA is responsible for analyzing, recommending and implementing performance tuning techniques. Candidates with some development experience in MySQL technologies are preferred.
What we are looking for:
Firm is seeking a MySQL (running on Linux OS) Database Administrator who has a strong background working in large scale high availability production environments with full life cycle database management expertise including planning, tuning, installation, configuration, migration, monitoring, troubleshooting and backup & recovery.
minimum requirements for this role include the following;
- A BS/EE/CS Degree and a minimum of 3-4 years of administering mission critical MySQL cluster running on Linux
- Excellent knowledge of Linux OS and automation experience
- Previous experience in the design and deployment of MySQL database solutions in support of high-volume applications
- Nice to have noSQL (MongoDB or Cassandra) DBA experience
- Must have MySQL production support experience
- Must possess excellent communication skills and be self-motivated
- Must be agile learner and have can do attitude
You will be successful in this role if you have:
- Good understanding of the organization's goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong technical documentation skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct research into database issues, standards and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Experience working in an agile project methodology