Interpreting sales data with analytical takeaways and recommendations is an integral role within our Marketing Research department. This professional will collect and analyze data to evaluate existing and potential product and service markets.
At Client, a Marketing Analyst is a highly visible position, working closely with top leaders of the organization and various cross-functional work groups. This is a highly specialize role with a plethora of challenges and opportunities to improve operational efficiencies and sales productivity.
A Marketing Analyst supports Merchandising team, Marketing and Sales functions with fact based data to make informed decisions and recommendations. In addition, a Marketing Analyst is tasked with various projects utilizing Sales analysis to identify sustainable and profitable solutions. Through detailed research, our Business Analysts have the opportunity to lead our company in exciting directions.
- Support the Merchandising team, with pre and post merchandising analysis.
- Develop and lead strategic marketing research projects
- Cooperate with Marketing and Sales teams, understanding business needs and working from the Research perspective to approach business opportunities.
- Create and update sales presentations for use in communication meetings, retailer visits, and strategy / planning meetings.
- Provide monthly sales performance review material and analysis to different key players in the company.
- Bachelor' s degree in Business or any quantitative discipline such as Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, or Computer Science
- 1+ year of experience working in Analytics / Business Intelligence environment
- Experience extracting and manipulating large datasets and spreadsheets, utilizing advanced Excel knowledge (VBA experience a plus)
- Ability to extract data from various sources and design, construct, execute, and summarize analyses to provide data / reports / charts that help solve business problems
- Solid technical skills across a wide variety of tools and data platforms
- Knowledge of the Food industry
- Advanced degree in quantitative discipline or MBA
- Familiarity with business intelligence and visualization software such as Qlik, Tableau, or Power BI
- Demonstrated use of analytical tools and query languages such as SAS, R, Minitab, and SQL