Market Data Developer Requirements
New York, NY
- Application development experience in C/C++, JAVA.
- Data modeling, high performance programming techniques in JAVA and C++
- Experience with popular statistical packages like R or Numpy/Pandas
- Expertise with relational data bases such as SQL and/or PostgresSQL.
- Experience in building high quality, resilient and efficient applications that can handle significantly large volumes of market data.
- Experience leading others through tough technical situations and solving complex problems as part of a team.
- Ability to provide technical leadership on Market data usage across the firm. (both streaming and historical).
- Working knowledge of vendor data/services (Reuters TRTH/Elektron, Bloomberg etc.)
- Capability to perform independent research and evaluate new technologies.
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment, delivering products incrementally and continually improving them.
- The candidate must be able to deal with a high level of uncertainty and engage in a facts/data based debate over building new solution or improving existing solutions.
- Self-starter, would be able to work in an extremely fast paced environment and communicate with clarity the intended directions on research and engineering.
Good to Have:
- Understanding of trading and order management systems along with knowledge of financial markets.
- Domain expertise in equities, fixed income or FX
- Experience building electronic trading platforms.