Market Data Analyst Requirements
- Good understanding of financial markets, market data, trading, quant and hedge fund space
- Ability to performing complex searches within data sets (such as Client and Bloomberg) to determine structure of the data and availability of key indicators.
- Be able to identify differences in structure of various market data sources including identifying any key data attributes that might be missing.
- Understanding of market data workflows from various vendors.
- Serve as a key team member on complex strategic projects to ensure high quality deliverables and project recommendations.
- Help manage the mapping and scripting of master data flows through internal systems. Help ensure these data sets are being utilized properly in internal client applications.
- Proactively looks to improve our data infrastructure and processes, from data acquisition, through data quality and governance, to data visualization.
- Help identify new data sets that could be acquired or created on top of existing data sets.
- Possess high degree of adaptability and creative thinking.
Good to Have:
- Familiarity with Python or other scripting languages.
- Familiarity with Unix is a plus.