Legal Administrative Assistant
New York, NY
- Perform typing, transcription, stenographic, and file maintenance duties.
- Prepare documents in final format, including but not limited to redlining, blacklining, merge, columns, footnoting, creating tables of contents, tables of authorities, etc. In accordance with local courts rules.
- Create and edit drafts of documents such as: correspondence, pleadings such as discovery demands and response, requests for production, subpoenas, deposition notices and other legal documents from written copy, transcribed tapes and/or pre-typed data.
- Managing an attorney's emails in Outlook and attend to saving them in our document management system.
- Accurately enter an attorney's time on a timely basis.
- Arrange meetings, travel, expense reimbursements, client bills, schedules appointments, and calendar/contact maintenance.
- Handle electronic case filings in state and federal courts (i.E. N.Y.S.C.E.F., S.D.N.Y., E.D.N.Y.)
- Undergraduate degree required.
- Must have 5+ years of litigation secretarial experience with proficiency in litigation terminology and procedures including federal court filing and e-filing procedures.
- Accurate typing skills of 75+ wpm and excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Must be enthusiastic about performing and learning varied litigation support tasks.
- Must be proficient in Windows 7 and with Microsoft Office 2010 including MS Word and Outlook, Excel and familiarity with a document management system, i.E. DocsOpen, Worldox, iManage, Filesite, Net documents, etc.
- Ability to prioritize and handle ever-changing tasks
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, be a team player and be committed to providing a high level client service.
- Flexibility for overtime.