Java Developer (Trade Execution)
New York, NY
This is a very exciting opportunity to be part of a growing technology team working on the strategic global D2C (Dealer to Client) electronic trading system. You will be developing high performance components with trader automation as a core concept, and will be working with a wider development team to ensure our solutions are cross-product and help consolidate existing functionality. Joining the Execution team is a great opportunity for anyone wishing to expand their fixed income business knowledge and work on a real-time electronic trading system that is at the heart of the fixed income business at Nomura. Additionally, it is a great opportunity to collaborate with a global team on engineering the best product with the best performance possible in markets concerned with competitive client-focused pricing and minimal latency.
You are a confident and self-motivating senior Java developer with a deep understanding of fixed income electronic markets. You are client focused and are comfortable communicating with stakeholders from across the investment bank. You are at home developing in a small self-organising team and value user feedback within an agile development process. You can manage expectations effectively and have a demonstrable track record of owning delivery of a high profile product to demanding business users. You are familiar with the fixed income market, both cash and derivatives, and understand the value of an intuitive, robust and reliable system to a trading desk.
Requirements to be successful in this role:
• Proven experience in senior financial services development roles
• Excellent business knowledge covering core fixed income products
• Advanced Java server development skillset with understanding of core Java, design patterns, multithreading, and coding for performance on the JVM
Skills, experience, qualifications and knowledge required
• Fixed income business experience, comfortable with key business concepts
• Considerable D2C (RFQ) experience, including integration with Tradeweb, Bloomberg, MarketAxess
• Object oriented design and development, design patterns
• Database and middleware experience (JMS, Tibco, SQLServer)
• Auxiliary development process skillset (Git, Maven etc)
• Agile processes & practices