Jr. Front End
Deliver integrated application components to Testing and Quality Assurance team.
Serve as a technical liaison among technical, account, creative and content teams.
Translate wireframes/PSDs into launch-ready, valid XHTML/CSS
Designing, coding, testing, defect management, and production support (in collaboration with various internal teams)
Implement solutions to support bug fixes and enhancements
Ensure cross-browser compatibility
- Bachelor's degree with a concentration in Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or relatable technical discipline; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proven experience hand-coding HTML using semantic markup, the latest W3C web standards, and CSS layout / positioning
- Individual must be a self-starter with the ability to handle a number of simultaneous projects, demonstrate a sense of urgency and ownership to drive projects to completion, and be successful in a collaborative environment.
- 2+ years' experience in front-end web design/development. Experience with designing and developing web-based applications for moderate to high traffic sites
- The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to define and deliver high visibility projects in a timely manner
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, attention to detail and the ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal) are also critical success factors in this role.
Relevant job functions & requirements include:
- Demonstrated experience with delivering web-based applications and dealing with the challenges of compatibility, scalability, and performance
- End-to-end understanding of development processes, organization, and techniques in order to drive the creation of optimal solutions
- Working knowledge of defect tracking and configurations management systems able to perform and lead root-cause analysis (JIRA)
- Prior responsibilities that required communication and coordination across different groups: e.G., Account Management, QA, and Editorial. Demonstrated excellent organizational and communication skills, both verbal and written
- 2+ years of disciplined front-end development experience in the Internet/software industry with increasing responsibility or fast-paced start up work environment
- Working knowledge of XHTML
- Working knowledge of Git