Java Web Developer
San Francisco, CA
The APG Investment Systems (IS) team are responsible for technology utilized by, Researchers, Portfolio Managers, Traders, Risk Managers and Investment Operations. This technology, helps our clients generate alpha, manage beta, construct portfolios, source and manage liquidity, execute trades, and understand portfolio and enterprise exposures. Additional the team are responsible for the main workflows of Aladdin's investment process i.E. Raising orders, checking compliance, placing / filling orders with the Street, booking trade allocations, confirming trades with counterparties, and settling transactions at custodians.
IS Portfolio Management (PM) is a team within the APG IS team, focusing on development and support of the Portfolio Management function across the global investment teams.
As an Aladdin Portfolio Management Investment Systems developer, responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Implement new business functionalities on the real-time Portfolio Management Investment Systems to meet business requirements such as target managemnent, intraday target based portfolio management, etc.
- Work with different technology teams to build the required functionalities, within a federated development model, and manage the application infrastructure and release process
- Provide ongoing support and maintenance of existing application functionality.
- Work closely with senior members of the team, end users and client support teams to provide support and to better understand user requests
- Partner with end-users and client services teams for the rollout of new business functionality
- Develop a deep understanding of technologies and architectures, including enterprise architecture, design and implementation, software design and deployment best practices
- Ensuring focus on quality and delivering results
- Assist team leads with developing project estimates and plans
- Communicate technology decisions, issues and risks to senior team members and clients
" Bachelors or MS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Science or Engineering.
" 5 or more years of experience in Java and Web development
" Strong programming skills in modern Web Technology such as Angular 2 or 4, HTML5, TypeScript, CSS, d3.Js, NodeJS, ag-grid, Swing, Webpack, Karma, Jasmine, etc.
" Knowledge of Java and multithreaded java development
" Knowledge of Spring, Git, Maven, Jenkins, JDBC & SQL
" Strong foundation in Object-Oriented Analysis, and Design such as Design Patterns
" Experience developing scalable servers with distributive caching is a plus
" Experience in the finance industry or knowledge of financial products is a plus
" Experience working with, designing and building scalable real-time systems is highly beneficial
" Experience in developing Enterprise Investment Management or Trading applications is a plus
" Strong communication skills
" Excellent analytical/problem solving skills.
" Ability to express ideas or analysis with clarity
" Deliver high level of service through responsiveness and accuracy
" Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work with changing priorities
" Work with teams in multi-office, multi-country environments across several time zones
" Excellent organizational skills to manage priorities and workflow with efficiency