Java Developer - Equities Prop Trading
New York, NY
Global Markets Technology builds and maintains software solutions used by Global Markets (GM) Front and Middle office personnel spread across multiple regions (US, EU, Asia, Japan). The GM business covers a wide range of products across Equities and Fixed Income.
The technology Infrastructure (software applications) serves key business functions such as Order and execution management, Client and Exchange connectivity, Prop Trading, Trade Capture and Processing, Pricing, Straight Thru Processing (STP), Sales Functions, Middle Office functions, Risk Analytics and reporting, Research, Ecommerce, CRM and MIS reporting platforms.
We are looking for a junior to mid-level developer to join Principal Strategies development team. The team is focussed on developing and supporting automated systems for proprietary trading, both Equities and Fixed Income, in the Global Market IT division of Client.
Successful candidate will be hands-on and delivery focussed. We are currently building the next generation of the prop trading system. This is a great opportunity to work closely with prop traders and get involved across full SDLC of the project. In addition, the candidate will need to support the existing trading system and participate in support activities as required.
To be successful, the candidate must be a self-starter with proven technical skills, have a strong sense of ownership and be a good team player.
Division: Global Markets Information Technology (GM-IT)
Function: Individual contributor - Application Development
Corporate Title: Analyst/Associate
No. Of Positions: 1
Experience: Core Java, Messaging, Fix Protocol, Scripting, some C# UI programming
Qualification: BS in Computer Science or Equivalent
Role & Responsibilities of the position in brief:
- Will work primarily in change requests and new enhancements, along with support of existing software application (bug fixing and support functions)
- Participate in some or all activities in software development lifecycle.
- Independently propose and implement strategic/tactical solutions to critical business/technical problems
- Understand and follow organizational, team level best practices
- Keep up to date on technology and business domain
- A self-starter and a technology enthusiast willing to learn new skills and contribute to the team
- Excellent design and problem-solving skills
- 2-4 years of hands-on application development experience in Java Data Structures, Collections, Low latency development, Garbage Collection and tuning, Spring, Multithreading
- Messaging middleware (e.G. Tibco RV, JMS, Solace, Chronicle)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Sciences or Engineering fields
- Equities Knowledge/ Fix Protocol
- C# Frontend programming
- Knowledge of Gradle, Ansible, Automic, Jenkins, ELK stack
- KDB experience
- Application profiling and tuning experience
- Knowledge of Linux systems
Projected Start Date: