New York, NY
You will be responsible for the day-to-day IT operational support for the existing infrastructure environment; Assist with the development and implementation of current and future infrastructure projects and proactively monitor the network and computing platforms for performance issues.
You will be responsible for the creation of design and support documentation for projects, system builds, processes and changes. You must stay abreast of latest technologies and trends in the field of IT; Have demonstrated the ability to be a team player in a fast-paced environment as well as having the ability to keep calm during a period of crisis while still meeting the needs of the business.
You will be motivated and self-sufficient. In addition to taking on multiple projects and responsibilities you must have the ability to communicate clearly with business leaders and end users.
You will be available to work non-standard hours in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment. You will have the ability to wear multiple hats must be able to combine hands-on technical expertise with longer term strategic planning. Lastly, you will be expected to do some required domestic and international travel.
It is important for you to have strong problem solving, analytical and communication skills and have working experience and familiarity with the following processes and technologies:
- Design, installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of enterprise Virtualization software VMware (ESX, ESXi/vSphere, vCenter, vMotion, DRS).
- Enterprise Storage Arrays (Dell PowerVault & Compellent, EMC VNX, Pure Storage).
- Enterprise and remote site backup solutions technologies such as EMC Networker (EMC Data Domain highly preferred).
- Hyper-Convergence Technologies (VMWare VSAN).
- Operating Systems: Linux, Windows Server 2012/2016, Mac OS.
- Experience with Automation and Orchestration (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, etc.)
- Windows Server Roles DNS, DHCP, NPS, File Share, Client, IIS, Failover Cluster Manager and Active Directory.
- Microsoft SQL/SQL Clustering.
- Configuration and Patch Management technologies
- System monitoring and alerting (SolarWinds, Nagios, SCOM)
- Designing, implementing, and testing disaster recovery solutions.
- Experience with PowerShell, Python
- Knowledge of Quant technologies such as developing libraries and support of production models
You will be successful in this role if you:
- Have 5-7 years of Systems/Infrastructure Engineering experience.
- Have a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
- Have highly desired certifications including: VMware Certified Professional (VCP), Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE), or enterprise hardware certifications.