Helpdesk Support (Temporary)
New York, NY
The Helpdesk Support Temp is responsible for handling a high volume of service support calls and email requests while ensuring all calls are logged into the Helpdesk ticketing system. The temp must have the ability to confirm and accurately capture the problem and properly escalate to second tier support if it's not resolved on the first call.
- Respond to telephone calls, emails and user requests for helpdesk support.
- Able to resolve first level issues and reduce the resolution time.
- Accurately identify issue types, severity and dispatch, raise priority awareness upon severity to second level support if it's not resolve on the first call.
- Follow up with unresolved tickets to ensure timely resolution and incident closure.
- Provide documentation when there's a solution on Helpdesk Ticketing System, structure the documentation in a way that it can be used for self-services in the future.
- Maintains written resolutions to frequent application problems, verify the resolution with existing level 2 support and train end users on the resolution if possible.
- Display strong professional mannerism and interpersonal skill when responding to users.
- Other duties, such as research and small project work might be assigned if necessary.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree with focus on information technology is preferred.
- Previous experience in Helpdesk support environment is required.
- Superb verbal and written communications skills.
- Experience completing tasks and meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Working knowledge in Microsoft Windows based environment.
- Knowledge of tracking tools and/or ticketing systems.
- Self-motivated, organized and strong drive for learning.