Hand-on Project Manager
New York, NY
- Act as the primary contact between client managers and internal development teams.
- Manage client expectations through meetings, correspondence, and timely and complete communication.
- Track, report and regulate major client issues relating to a given project through a customized task management system.
- Ensure up to date documentation of all deliverables.
- Consistent updates of status to internal and external stake holders.
- Manage shared resources effectively.
- Work with the Quality Assurance Team to create and maintain test cases and testing scenarios.
- Act as the technical lead for third party integrations.
- Describe what the system, process, or product/service must do in order to fulfill the business requirements in the form of functional specifications.
- Identify and document the needs of the client and translate them into user requirements.
- BA or BS or equivalent college degree.
- 2+ years experience in ecommerce.
- Experience working in Content Management Systems (CMS).
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with internal and external teams.
- An interest in the Internet industry and digital space.
- Technically savvy and proactive about independently learning new developments.
- Must be highly organized and able to juggle multiple projects with many moving pieces, weighing priorities effectively.
- Quick problem solving skills and ability to work well under pressure and stress.
- Systems and process oriented.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Experience with both traditional and iterative software methodologies
- Experience with a CMS (Magento and/or custom CMS).
- Familiarity with project ticketing systems, Google Analytics/Adwords, HTML, XML, PhotoShop, FTP/SFTP applications.
- Familiarity with wireframe technologies and user flow prototyping.