New York, NY
The successful candidate will be responsible for executing, reviewing, and/or completing the monthly accounting and reporting processes. Financial instruments, traded within a single investment strategy include, but are not limited to, equity securities, options, fixed income, and derivatives. Fund products include entities that are fully serviced by an external administrator. Specific responsibilities include:
- Interaction with external service providers, prime brokers and custodial banks.
- Calculation of daily fund P&L, performance, and alpha.
- Preparation / review of month-end NAV and internal control packages.
- Verification of investor's management and performance fee calculations.
- Calculation and review of monthly investor performance.
- Review of monthly investor statements.
- Preparing year-end financial statements in accordance with GAAP.
- Assist in other external audit related preparation and requests.
- Perform special projects and ad hoc reporting as required.
The following are the minimum requirements for the position:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting.
- Mix of public (2 years) and private (1 to 2 years Hedge Fund or Private Equity) post-undergraduate experience.
- Knowledge of financial instruments should include equities, options, fixed income securities, derivatives, equity swaps.
- Knowledge of fund structures should include, Master/Feeder, Fund of one, separately managed accounts and private equity a plus.
- Experience with series and partnership accounting principles and application as well as various management and performance fee structures.
- Solid understanding of accounting principles, in compliance with GAAP, and the application of such principles in preparation/review of the aforementioned monthly NAV packages.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel including PivotTables, macros a plus.
- Ability to learn new accounting software, specifically AExeo, Geneva and Penny.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- A desire to learn and take on increasingly new and challenging tasks.