New York, NY
Candidate for this position should be able to understand and convert key business problems into technology solutions that are feasible, maintainable and efficient. We focus on solving the problem and not to be tied down by technology choices - it is extremely important that you are open to learn & work with technologies that are new to you.
Strong interpersonal skills and team spirit is required in addition to proficiency in verbal and written business communications. This job demands strong work ethic and ability to handle multiple priorities. We support what we build - you will be responsible for ensuring quality production deployment as well as support procedures & oversight. It is very important that candidate is self-motivated and can run independently with minimal supervision.
We are looking for a passionate technologist who' s ready to learn & experiment with a wide range of technologies. Ideal candidate will have:
- Strong problem solving skills with ability to analyze and understand data.
- Strong programming fundamentals.
- Hands-on experience with Java or/and .NET. Should be able to demonstrate clear understanding of OOPs in practice.
- Hands-on experience with SQL.
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux, shell-scripting.
- Ability to forge strong relationships and coordinate effectively with multiple parties.
- Experience coordinating initiatives across groups is plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Ability to work in a virtual or global team.
- Self-starter and ability to multi task with a -can do- attitude.
- Experience with scripting languages like Python is plus.
- Experience with creating add-ins for Office tools and in general manipulating programmatically office documents is a plus.