New York, NY
Candidates for this role should be able to demonstrate experience in the following:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent years of experience
- Developing large-scale, high traffic volume websites using PHP that have low latency
- Developing scalable, extensible systems to support operations that enable the site to operate including batch and ETL utilities and interacting with messaging/job management systems like RabbitMQ, Resque, etc.
- Publishing, retrieving, and searching for documents in high availability document database systems such as ElasticSearch, Solr, MongoDB, etc.
- Writing utility scripts and tools to support process automation using POSIX, BASH, TSH, etc.
- Working with standard utilities from the command line to automate or test web applications and work with APIs including cURL, jq, etc.
- Extending and creating build scripts using Grunt, Gulp, etc.
- Other relevant programming languages including Python, TypeScript, Ruby, NodeJS, etc.
- Container-based application development in Docker
- Container orchestration with Docker Compose or preferably Kubernetes
- Progressive web application frameworks like React, Angular, or Vue
- Test-driven development
- Kanban and scrum
- Common RDBMS including MySQL and Postgres