Front End Engineer
New York, NY
- Collaborate with agile team to gather requirements, refine user stories and create solutions.
- Deliver both functional and non-functional requirements; drive and execute user stories through completion.
- Perform hands on design and implementation using the appropriate programming languages and development tools/frameworks/platforms including responsive web and mobile implementation; ensure seamless look and feel front-end development.
- Partner with UX Designer in UI/UX design including wireframes and visual UI specs.
- Maintain and enhance the front-end code pattern library.
- Develop and maintain unit, UI and integration tests.
- Work with DevOps to ensure continuous delivery of the software in the CI/CD process.
- Other duties, as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor' s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in software development, particularly in professional front-end development
- Strong knowledge of the software development lifecycle and common practices (code reviews, SCRUM, etc.).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must.
- Development experience using REACT is required.
- Professional experience in UX wireframes and/or UI mockups implementation and front-end development tools/frameworks is required.
- Strong sense of visual aesthetics, experience with browser differences and limitations and client-side performance.
- Understanding relational (e.G. MS SQL) or non-relational (e.G. MongoDB, REDIS) datastores
- Experience writing unit and integration tests using frameworks preferred.
- Understanding of source code version control (GIT) and CI/CD processes.
- Keeps up to date with market trends and other changes in technology.
- Agile project management: Jira / Confluence
- Test automation: Selenium, Cypress, Mocha, Nunit MTEST
- SaaS: Salesforce, Netsuite, Adaptive, Celigo, Avalara, Meta Comet, Rsuite, Data Harmony, Fastcae, ClearCommerce
- Databases: MS SQL, Mongo DB