Fixed Income Compliance Officer
New York, NY
- Provide advice and guidance (desk presence) to trading and sales force on regulatory implications of daily activity.
- Create and review exception reports on a daily basis.
- Regularly update written supervisory procedures.
- Draft memoranda on regulatory matters to be distributed internally.
- Conduct compliance training regarding new and existing regulations and firm policies.
- Monitor TRACE and MSRB reporting in real-time and circulate performance metrics.
- Conduct electronic communications surveillance on a regular basis.
- Review customer investment policies for authorized investments and institutional communications for proper disclaimers.
- Assist in responding to regulatory inquiries.
- Perform nationwide on-site branch office inspections.
- 3 to 7 years of experience working in fixed income compliance function of a broker dealer.
- Experience with broker-dealer trading and back-office systems, including Bloomberg Trade Order Management System (TOMS).
- Knowledge of SEC, Client, and MSRB regulations applicable to fixed income products, sales and trading.
- Intimate expertise of trading mechanics relating to fixed income instruments.
- Working knowledge of major fixed income regulatory topics, including but not limited to trade reporting, markups and markdowns, institutional suitability, and communications with the public.
- Familiarity with new regulatory initiatives, including best execution, 15c3-5, front running, and debt research rules.
- Bachelors degree, Client Series 7 Required (Series 24 and 53 a plus). Advanced degree a plus.