New York, NY
Work as part of the Technology and Data Administration Team on policies and procedures.
Core functions of the role:
Calendar Management for assigned MDs
• Keep calendars up to date including preparation of travel itineraries / schedules for business trips (travel details & contact telephone numbers should be entered)
• Diary management – set up of all internal/external meetings
• Arrange all conference rooms, AV equipment, dial in numbers and videoconference facilities
• Feedback should be provided on changes made and progress of schedule problems as they arise
• Hold regular meetings (to be agreed) with MDs and EDs in order to decide priorities/deadlines/projects. Provide regular updates on work in hand
• Regular feedback on problems/issues
• Book all travel, including flights, hotels, currency and taxis adhering to the Technology and Data policies
• Complete expense reports for MDs if required. Advise employees on completing their own reports. Ensuring all claims adhere to Firm policy.
Team Administration Tasks for groups supported:
• Administrator for online staff absence management system
• Manage booking schedule for Team Rooms
• Maintenance of group org charts
• Co-ordination of all moves and associated processes: desk moves, IT moves, system updates, mail drops, large scale project moves and floor walks
• Provide general information on the department and Firm when required (promoting use of internal web pages where possible)
• Filing, faxing, photocopying, distribution of assigned MDs mail as required
• Ordering of equipment and resources /supplies (e.G. Business cards, wireless devices, etc.)
• Visitor Support: Arrange workstation for visitor prior to arrival. Provide full administrative support to visiting MDs and EDs where possible and if required. Direct and advise all visitors. Arrange access to buildings where necessary.
• Co-coordinating department business related events and functions
• Opportunities may arise to work on assignments outside of the core role, this will be dependent on departments supported and work load.
Technology Administration Function Role:
• Team cover: Form a working partnership with other team members. Ensure absence cover for own area and provide support to appointed buddy. Provide additional help when possible to other team members. Attend scheduled meetings with the Technology team where applicable.
Skills / Competencies that are essential to the role include:
• Pro-active: Identifies other " value add” areas for MDs over and above day to day tasks. Identifies areas for improvement and suggests solutions
• Demonstrates willingness to learn about the business (helps integration into group)
• Excellent organizational skills
• Excellent time/priority management skills
• Good communicator
• Good use of initiative, judgement and decision making
• Flexible & adaptable to change
• Excellent team member
• Puts equal importance on all types of tasks
Educational Requirements: MS standard requirements
Experience / Technical Skills Required:
• Word / PowerPoint / Excel / Outlook: Intermediate level
• Proven work experience (3 or more years)
• Creation of Word documents, Excel spreadsheets & databases and presentations / reports. Formatting of Word documents, if necessary importing data from/to various packages.
Additional Comments: We need someone with confidence, who has a very professional manner and can juggle a number of tasks. The ideal candidate will have worked for a senior manager before.