ETL / Informatica Engineer
- Establish and maintain database management systems, standards, guidelines, and quality assurance for database deliverables including conceptual design, logical database, capacity planning, external data interface specification, data loading plan, data maintenance plan and security policy.
- Develop scripts and modules that determine data quality and accuracy for multiple processes that transform and move data.
- Leverage data extract, transform and load (ETL) technologies to accelerate development of data flows, to schedule them and to organize them for on-going maintenance by a team.
- Conduct analysis of source system data with client stakeholders and source system owners to determine a) capacity to meet reporting needs and b) specific transformation rules that need to be applied.
- Determine how tables relate to each other and how fields interact within the tables for relational & dimensional models.
- Participate in decisions around data warehouse architecture and more specifically data models and database design.
- Generate data for testing purposes. Auto-generate massive amounts of data with rules for performance and data quality testing.
- Assist with process engineering (definition, training and improvement) for all software development lifecycle processes.
- Work with software developers, business intelligence analysts and report analysts to insure compliance with database practices
- 7+ years of work experience in a similar position
- 3+ years of experience hands-on with ETL
- Informatica hands on development experience
- SQL skills strong enough to write a complex query
- Kimball knowledge of Data Warehouse preferred
- Experience in healthcare specific reporting or other exposure to healthcare business constructs is a plus.
- Knowledge of Informatica Data Quality tool is a plus
- Degree preferred