E-Discovery & Surveillance Technology Lead
New York, NY
The COG Technology division is seeking to fill the position of Electronic Discovery & Surveillance Technology Lead in New York. The role will have an immediate management reporting line in Sydney, Australia.
This role will be accountable for leading the global Electronic Discovery & Surveillance (eDS) team which has staff within four geographically different locations and includes a mix of development, operations, collections, business analyst and specialist eDiscovery analyst staff. The eDS team provide a comprehensive electronic communications' Discovery and Surveillance service to the various Macquarie groups globally, with key stakeholders being the Risk Management Group (RMG) and Legal teams.
What we are looking for is someone who is an experienced, hands-on, technology people leader, able to take accountability for the end to end operation of the eDS Service and capable of driving a strategic change to the way we deliver our services and technologies.
- Operational accountability for the existing technology footprint, consisting of electronic communications Discovery and Surveillance 3rd party commercial applications (on-premise and Cloud), custom scripts (Powershell) and integrations, SQL queries/reporting.
- Understanding of scripting and the development of ETL processes both vendor and internal applications using appropriate technologies (i.E. Powershell, SQL SSRS reporting, etc.).
- Heavy focus on automation through commercial and/or custom solutions.
- Maintain a solid relationship with and provide consulting to internal stakeholders, Risk Management Group (RMG) and Group Legal.
- Provide support and escalation for investigations and incident management.
- Become a trusted technology advisor for technical analysts and clients providing consultation on Surveillance applications, eDiscovery applications, and the capture of electronic communications.
- Manage key vendor relationships, including licensing negotiations, SOWs (statement of works) and POCs (proof of concepts) and work with vendors on optimal solution configurations.
- Lead and develop the staff within your team, with performance management responsibilities.
- Enhance, evaluate, test and certify software products and their integration with existing software products during deployments.
- Understanding of source code integrity requirements, build versions for environments, utilizing Agile and DevOps methodologies and tools such as JIRA, Confluence, etc.
- Ability to quickly translate business requirements into technical solutions across a wide variety of technologies (3rd party applications, SQL, custom scripts, etc.)
- Ability to identify and resolve complex technical problems across various teams.
- Breadth of knowledge in information technology infrastructure including Windows servers, permissions, applications, operating systems, networks and storage, Active Directory, Cloud technologies, etc.
- Exposure to Software Development Lifecycle with prior experience deploying enterprise class applications / tools and operational procedures.
- Proven practical experience building and supporting complex applications along with solution design
- Some knowledge of SQL databases and understanding of complex data relationships and SQL reporting (familiarity with SSRS reporting/Tableau/Alteryx is a plus)
- Some knowledge of scripting, especially Powershell.
- Strong oral and written communication in English.
- Strong problem solving / troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work across multiple time zones.
- Strong people management skills and a focus on culture development.
- Ability to work under pressure and as part of a distributed team.
- Ability to assess detailed technical issues as well as to step back and look at the bigger picture.
- Understanding of the Electronic Discovery Reference Model (EDRM) and the end to end eDiscovery life cycle, ideally with a focus on eDiscovery in regulated environment
- Familiarity with Office 365 from an eDiscovery and compliance perspective
- Familiarity with eCommunications archiving/journaling including email, social media, financial chat platforms, etc. (large journal archive migration experience is a plus)
- General knowledge of eDiscovery systems, WORM storage and Cloud technologies in a regulated environment.
- Understanding of or familiarity with Actiance Vantage, Actiance Socialite, Globanet Merge1, Veritas Enterprise Vault, 17-a-4 Dataparser and NUIX products (or equivalent eCommunications surveillance and eDiscovery applications).
- Experience in a law firm, finance or other regulatory environment is a plus.