Director of Specialty Lending
- Supports the alignment of all assigned programs with the Credit Union's business strategy by collaborating effectively with multiple stakeholders and key business partners to prioritize and execute loan portfolio strategies.
- Identifies opportunities for, evaluates, proposes and leads implementation of new Specialty Loan Programs, partners and products that align with the short and long term business strategy.
- Continually develops each program structure by enhancing lifecycle components, including policies and procedures, operations, technology and organizational awareness.
- Oversees operations of loan program originations, servicing (if applicable), technology, vendor management, partner support, internal control and process monitoring, quality checks, and reporting needs. Coordinates operational aspects of loan programs across the organization.
- Collaborate with operations, loan servicing, and capital markets groups to ensure continual alignment with the holistic end-to-end loan lifecycle strategy, particularly as it pertains to specialty loan programs. The feedback loop across the organization must remain strong to support partner needs, program development, and performance.
- Oversees, directs and performs departmental oversight and administration activities including operating budget and portfolio forecasting, profitability, vendor and partner relationships, audits, internal controls, implementation of process improvements and/or system upgrades of replacements.
- Performs and/or evaluates ongoing program due diligence and financial analyses as deemed necessary to evaluate business partners, vendors, and ongoing program performance.
- Prepares and presents periodic updates on loan programs, including performance, developments, risk and enhancements; as well as resources; to Management.
- Functions as a business lead and/or a project manager on departmental and/or organization wide projects. Contributes expertise in his/her assigned area, executes deliverables and ensures that the Project Team completes project deliverables as outlined based on the project scope and business requirements. Ensures project portal is updated as required.
- Identifies and oversees implementation of process improvements for areas of responsibility to streamline operations and maintain adequate controls across organizations.
- Manages and coaches staff and organizes required training; responsible for setting the tone for and supporting a learning organization and identification of future potential successors and coaching and training accordingly.
- Works with vendors and service providers to ensure they are complying with Credit Union standards, meeting established service levels and are delivering the best value for their services.
- Sets and oversees maintenance and implementation of policies, procedures, and other documentation, including program metrics, service levels and compliance requirements of products/programs.
- Promotes and maintains a positive work atmosphere by communicating in a manner consistent with professional standards to work effectively with members, co-workers, management, partners and vendors.
- Keeps abreast of industry developments including, but not limited to, changes in regulations and technology.
- Ensures adherence to company policies and procedures and Banking/Credit Union Regulations.
- Performs additional duties as required.
The Director of Specialty Lending works under minimal supervision exercising independent judgment. This person must be action oriented, self-motivated and creative while being highly functional.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in finance, business administration or other business related degree required. Secondary degree a plus.
- Minimum of five years of related experience at a bank or other financial institution.
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, analytical, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong decision making and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects/duties.
- Results driven, service oriented, self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Trustworthy with the ability to maintain highest level of integrity and trust.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint.