Director - End User Computing
New York, NY
• Leads the effort to develop new strategies around the ' consumerization' of the end user experience. This includes such key concepts as ' wireless everywhere', BYOD and wearable technology.
• Responsible for the service design and operations of the end user experience. This includes key business processes for provisioning, device management, security and compliance, self-enablement technology and technology upgrades.
• Creates the strategy for unified communications and collaboration technologies including email, chat, blogging and video conferencing.
• Responsible for the continued evolution of the MSG support operating model inclusive of incorporating innovative approaches such as walk up support centers, third party outsourcing and self-healing technology.
• Responsible for setting the direction and strategy for desktop and end point device virtualization (VDI).
• Responsible for designing and delivering quality and always available domain services such as Active Directory, LDAP, and other associated e-Directories.
• Builds a team that will drive strategy around end user device automation, patching, configuration management and compliance. This includes the scale out and implementation of centralized management systems.
• Develops standards, qualifications and methods for the integration of the desktop architecture with new applications and internet browsers. Leader has extensive experience implementing strong quality assurance and release management processes.
• Works with third party suppliers and integrators on automating desktop support services and other support areas. Leads with an " automation first – cloud first – mobile first” mentality.
• Accountable for continually improving and applying service measurement metrics and SLA' s inclusive of reporting and dashboards. Ensures that all services are measured, reported and viewed the lens of continuous improvement.
• 10+ years of designing and delivering workplace and end user technology infrastructure with a minimum of 3 years at a Director and above level at a Fortune 500 company with significant scale.
• 5 to 7 years designing and delivering virtualized and automated technology capabilities in support of desktop and mobile computing platforms.
• 5+ years working with third party service suppliers – should include financial, SLA and service definition functions.
• Experience working with remote and offshore development and support teams.
• Experience developing and delivering large scale enterprise desktop and end user device management platforms such as Tanium, SCCM, Next Think, Intune, MDM and VDI.
• 10+ years' experience negotiating with and managing OEM relationships.
• 3+ years' experience working with enterprise class cloud services and DaaS providers such as Office365, AWS Workspaces, VMware Horizon, XENdesktop and thin app technology.
• Must have experience delivering fully automated solution – candidate must exhibit a zeal for automation within all services.
• 3+ years of running an Executive Support function – must have experience dealing with C-Suite level executives and have a natural instinct for customer service and crisis management.