Director, Network Infrastructure
New York, NY
You' ll work with colleagues to consider the needs of client as a whole as well as the needs of your function, operating with a focus on enabling services at the same time your team is actively seeking emerging opportunities. The Director will be also responsible for leading acquisition technical due diligence and integration programs.
• Leads the team of engineers in developing and managing the core technology infrastructure at client, including overseeing telecoms, wireless, networks, data center, cloud, and related operational functions.
• Lead the efforts for upgrading infrastructure and supporting processes on which clientbusiness operates while ensuring technology is in place to effectively secure our corporate networks/data and enable more robust physical security in our venues
• Partners with Chief Information Security Officer to develop and maintain the security and operational integrity of the technologies and services provided, ensures IT controls are set and followed to ensure SOX and other compliance requirements for the business partnering with Internal audit
• Under the direction of the SVP Tech Infrastructure and Support, assists with managing stakeholder relationships to gain agreement on business priorities and preparing business cases in line with client' s technology investments to provide technology solutions that meet internal business needs.
• Monitor and conduct periodic assessments of existing technology infrastructure and applications for capacity planning, performance improvements, upgrade requirements and hardware/software replacement and ultimately recommend changes to align with business strategy and ensure efficient processes and operations.
• Consistently pushes clientTechnology to be a best in class tech function by investigating, validating, and introducing new technologies and vendors into the organization and define key performance indicators through vendor platforms, 3rd party testing, and independent field analysis. Use the indicators to optimize and improve configuration settings.
• The ideal candidate should be senior enough, and have a wide enough " vocabulary” within the software / hardware ecosystems to make independent decisions about platform buy-in as it relates to the architecture of specific projects.
• 15+ years' experience with design, integration, and deployment of networks.
• 10+ years of practical field engineering, aptitude to work as an onsite leader, putting to use the technical and operational expertise.
• 8-10 years of demonstrated leadership experience building cross-organizational consensus with exposure to technology providers and/or business clients.
• Deep experience with the full network stack (CDN, WAN/LAN/MAN, Firewall, MPLS & internet connectivity), with an emphasis on ecosystems with large scale high density wireless networks.
• Hands-on experience designing, deploying, and operating enterprise systems. Leadership roles in Software Delivery and/or Product Lifecycles
• Comprehensive and fundamental understanding of networking services from IP Management to SD-WAN.
• Experience in cloud-first and cloud-native architectures, AWS and Azure Cloud preferred.
• Strong communication skills with a proven ability to understand key concepts and communicate effectively with technical staff, business stakeholders and senior management
• Proven ability to collaborate, build relationships and influence individuals at all levels in a matrix-management environment (as well as external vendors and service providers) to ensure that segregation and overlapping roles are identified and coordinated
• Substantial broad industry and technical awareness to identify technology opportunities and align these to the business needs in the entertainment, retail and •
Strong vendor management skills
• Strong budget management and ability to develop and get approval for significant business cases
• Developing and communicating organizational objectives; inspiring and motivating team members to achieve results.
• Ability to project manage, meets deadlines, and perform under high stress while maintaining high productivity.
• Degree in CS, EE, CE or equivalent. Certifications or industry recognition are a plus Candidates who have completed 60 credits of college-level coursework (representing 2 years), or have shown similar self-development through certifications, trade school coursework, etc. Are preferred. Educational requirements may differ from job to job based on the role