new york, NY
- Work with business analysts to ensure full understanding of the change implications to current processes.
- Document solution design for review and approval by principal engineers.
- Ensure that the deliverables meet all the specified functional and performance requirements.
- Escalate technical design or specification issues to business analyst and development manager, as soon as they arise.
- Review test plans and advise Quality Assurance as needed.
- Set and own development milestones, providing regular status updates to the project manager.
- Coordinate with other project developers to achieve project goals.
- Adhere to the coding standards and SDLC process.
- Perform maintenance programming and correction of identified defects.
- Create, document, and implement unit test plans, scripts, and test harnesses.
- Participate in periodic release activities.
- BS in computer science, math or related field
- Minimum 5+ years of experience developing business critical enterprise-level solutions
- Must have strong expertise in Java or C++.
- Expertise with FIX is a plus.
- Knowledge of trading systems, foreign exchange or derivatives is a plus.
- Must be energetic, self-motivated and possess excellent problem-solving and communication skills.
- Must be able to work within an established team and be willing to take direction.