New York, PA
We're seeking a DevOps engineer to join our Infrastructure team, based in Dresher, PA, to help drive the implementation, operation, enhancement and optimization of our development environment. You're an engineer who can self-identify areas for improvement, vet possible solutions, and implement the best tools for the job. You derive satisfaction from helping others reach beyond what they were previously capable of. The ideal candidate is searching for rapid personal growth and professional development within a Finance company. Candidates must be highly organized, able to function in a fast-paced environment and have a willingness to engage with development teams and business groups.
Our current systems/environment:
- PHP, Apache, Puppet, Nagios
- Self-hosted Atlassian tools, including JIRA, BitBucket
- Build tools in Jenkins
- On Premise and Azure
- Automating software integration including testing, building, packaging, and deployment.
- Troubleshooting and providing solutions for system configurations.
- Improving development and integration process tools.
- Providing production support on released software, including participating in an on-call rotation.
- Install, configure and maintain all development tools, from internal applications to our dev, test, staging, and production environments.
- Communicate status and risks to the project management team.
- Provide technical guidance and training on the use and best practices of various tools.
- Maintenance and expansion of automated provisioning and deployment processes using puppet.
- Ensure proper uptime, rollback capabilities, load-balancing configuration, database configs, backups, for all environments.
- Work seamlessly with 3rd party offshore development team to troubleshoot and rectify issues.
- Oversight of cloud infrastructure at Azure.
- Participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment, security, cost effectiveness and high availability in the cloud
- Create and implement automation in the form of infrastructure as code for cloud platform solutions
- Ensure all infrastructure components meet proper performance and capacity standards
- Web application architecture, including the LAMP or IIS stack.
- MS Azure Cloud Services
- Experience with container and container orchestration (Docker Swarm, Kubernetes)
- Experience in the following Technologies: Kubernetes, Puppet, Linux (CentOS & Ubuntu), Jenkins, Support existing Azure infrastructure, ELK and Nagios
- Familiarity with scripting against cloud APIs (beneficial: python, BASH, ruby, etc)
- Experience in site operations, performance analysis and tuning, log analytics and monitoring for container is a strong plus
- Experience working with automation tools such as Terraform, CHEF, Ansible is also a plus.
- Data analytics tools and frameworks such as Hadoop, Spark, R, etc.
- Experience of operating within an enterprise support & operations environment
- Excellent Troubleshooting skills, low level tracing abilities.
- Knowledge of Network fundamentals
- Knowledge of Security fundamentals (GDPR experience is a plus)
- Experience of implementing and operating within a Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery process.
- Confidence to own any given infrastructural elements (production and back office) and implement new ones when required.
- DevOps experience with defined development, testing and release phases and procedures.
- Practical experience working in DevOps team/organizations with applied Agile development practices
- Experience in architecting and implementing cloud based solutions with robust Business Continuity and Disaster Recover requirements
- Experience of working with offshore development teams from a development and operational support perspective.
- Ability to explain complex technical issues in Client terms
- Bachelor degree in computer science or software engineering
- JIRA, Confluence, Hipchat experience
- Experience with multiple lifecycle applications
- Knowledge of securing cloud infrastructure
- Experience managing big data infrastructure
- VCS systems, GIT and Mercurial
- Domain management / Registration (DNS, DHCP, etc)
- Windows AD and general Windows Domain Experience (In particular Security and User management)
- Enthusiastic and optimistic mindset.
- Thrive in a start-up style environment.
- Experience with NoSQL is a plus