DevOps Build Engineer
New York, NY
With award-winning mobile banking apps and trading systems, our technology platforms help our Client deliver high quality products to clients. Naturally, we make sure that the phones work, emails are delivered and PCs run - but we also develop collaboration platforms and workspaces that help our people share their knowledge, expertise and passion for our business.
Developments in technology are changing the way we communicate, work and think. Join us here, and you'll constantly be looking ahead. We'll look to you to capitalize on new technological trends that can reshape our business and deliver value for our clients, whilst still meeting the demands of customers, regulators and the markets.
The Proprietary Trading Controls program is looking for an individual with strong experience with Java build frameworks such as maven and gradle. Within this role you will help assess the existing best practices for java build engineering and help establish a build framework for the agile development teams. You will be using industry strength enterprise source code management and continuous integration tools leading to a continuous delivery pipeline to support a big data Hadoop cluster.
- Analyze existing use of Maven to build java systems
- Help identify and communicate build and runtime dependencies
- Help establish build engineering best practices including a build framework for continuous integration
- Ensure that all builds are fully automated and verifiable
- Utilize Atlassian Bitbucket Data Center (Git) as well as CI servers and deployment automation
- Communicate and promote build engineering best practices
- Participate in other development activities to support the DevOps transformation
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or suitable industry experience
- 3+ years of enterprise infrastructure experience including UNIX and Oracle DB administration
- 3+ years of software development experience
- 3+ years of experience in build engineering
- 3+ years of experience with SDLC tools such as uDeploy, TeamCity, Crucible, Sonar, SVN, Jira, GIT, Nexus, Cucumber/Selenium
- 3+ years of experience in Agile, Kanban or iterative waterfall environments
- Hadoop big data, preferably Cloudera
- QA and testing experience