New York, NY
The candidate must possess a deeply-rooted passion for customer service and collaboration - in this role, all of your technical colleagues in development, QA, and operations are YOUR customers! The tools you will be building are the required building blocks for your colleagues to be successful.
What You Will Be Doing
- Build and support configuration management systems using open-source solutions (such as Chef and Saltstack) as well as commercial solutions (such as uDeploy)
- Engineer solutions from the ground up using preferred languages (ruby, go and python)
- Enhancing existing systems written in other languages (such as java and shell scripts) working in a heterogeneous environment of Linux and Windows systems
- Participating in a limited, escalation-based on-call rotation
Besides a competitive compensation package, you'll be working with a great group of technologists interested in always finding the right tool for the job in a culture that encourages innovation. If you're ready to take on some new technical challenges at a well-respected company, we'd love to hear from you.
What You Need For This Position
- 6+ years experience in the Technology Operations / DevOps field
- 3+ years experience supporting large-scale websites or operations tools
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Technology or Engineering, or a total of at least 10 years' experience in IT.
- 3+ years building custom operations / automation tools
- 1+ years using configuration management tools (preferably Chef)
- Extensive experience writing scripts and applications using Ruby or Python
- experience working in a hetergenous (Linux and Windows) environment
- experience working with Atlassian tools such as JIRA, Confluence, and Stash
- experience using open-source monitoring tools, such as Zenoss or Nagios
- participation in an open-source project in GitHub or Bitbucket
- experience with container technologies such as Docker
- production experience with deploying and administering applications in public cloud offerings (AWS, Microsoft Azure, etc.)