Data warehouse engineer
New York, NY
- Respond to day-to-day question and issues around the Trade Surveillance and TRR process.
- Work closely with vendors for our Trade Surveillance reporting ( possibly Nasdaq Smarts)
- Work with our in-house reporting team to assist in building dashboards and statistical reporting for compliance team.
- Support Front Office team when the files change.
- Collaborate with end users like Compliance and help with BAU.
- Define solutions paying particular attention to ensuring technical requirements have been factored in
- Develop efficient ETL routines using advanced SSIS as well as Oracle database technologies such as PL/SQL external tables
- Experience using SqlServer Polybase.
- Knowledge of working in Azure Data Lake, Data Factory
- Data Extraction from Source systems using ingestion techniques of Azure Data Factory
- Must have experience in Automating Azure workloads and Azure security
- Must have worked in Continuous Integration and Deployment Environment.
- Work with the overnight batch processes using schedule software, Control-M
- Work with wider Technology teams to ensure development and testing is coordinated and best practices are followed
- Help define test cases and work closely with users assisting them with testing bug fixes or new features and functions
- Report to the Technology team lead and keep management abreast of status and progress on in-flight issues
- Ensure due diligence has been carried out on all software changes, paying particular attention to detail on unit, component and systems integration testing
- Package up artifacts using industry standard tools such as Subversion, SDA & TeamCity
- Work with BAU teams to ensure project changes are released to live in a co-ordinated manner Design and develop warehouse enhancements
- Load and validate dimensions and measures stored procedures
- Perform all application unit and system testing
- Support the loading and integrity of the data warehouse.
- Create data dictionary's and proper documentation on the data warehouse (Oracle DB)