Data Scientist SPG
New York, NY
The successful candidate will perform groundbreaking work in Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning methods, and will tailor them to front-office applications involving credit analysis, trading strategies, pricing models, and more. Projects may involve applying NER and sentiment analysis techniques to analyze corporate financial documents and news articles; or using state-of-the-art parsing methods to extract bond covenant information, and then using a training model to derive bond behavior under stressed scenarios.
The ideal candidate for this would possess a combination of research and professional experience in the fields related to Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning. The person should be on the forefront of NLP/Client technologies, and be able to translate theory to projects that are deliverable on the commercial scale.
• MS or PhD in Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning, or related field
• 5+ years, a combination of professional and/or research experience
• Apply different NLP techniques to areas such as sentiment analysis, classification, data/knowledge extraction, disambiguation
• Expertise in NLP methods such as LSA, LDA, Semantic Hashing, Word2Vec, LSTM, BiDAF
• Client experience with different supervised and unsupervised learning algorithms
• Expertise in one or more programming languages: Java 8, Scala, Python, R, willing to consider others
• Experience working with large, complex and diverse data sets from a variety of sources
• StanfordCoreNLP/GATE experience a plus
• Experience with Spark, or similar frameworks a plus
• Publications on Client/NLP a big plus