Data Modeling Analyst
New York, NY
With award-winning mobile banking apps and trading systems, our technology platforms help our Client deliver high quality products to clients. Naturally, we make sure that the phones work, emails are delivered and PCs run - but we also develop collaboration platforms and workspaces that help our people share their knowledge, expertise and passion for our business.
Developments in technology are changing the way we communicate, work and think. Join us here, and you' ll constantly be looking ahead. We' ll look to you to capitalize on new technological trends that can reshape our business and deliver value for our clients, whilst still meeting the demands of customers, regulators and the markets.
The Proprietary Trading Controls program is looking for an individual with strong experience with Data Modeling to help create a canonical data model of our compliance system which is maintained within a Cloudera Hadoop Big Data Cluster.
- Lead the effort to build and communicate a large data model using existing artifacts and information from other subject matter experts.
- Establish UML-based standards for data modeling
- Help to create processes and a development lifecycle for data modeling
- Help to analyze and improve data filtering rules
- Participate fully in QA and testing activities related to data quality
- Participate in other development activities to support the DevOps transformation
- Bachelor' s Degree in Computer Science or suitable industry experience
- 3+ years of data modeling in relational and non-relation (noSQL) environments
- 3+ years of software development experience
- 3+ years of experience in build engineering
- 2+ years of experience in financial services, preferably in a large banking environment
- 3+ years of experience in Agile, Kanban or iterative waterfall environments
- Hadoop big data, preferably Cloudera
- QA and testing experience