Englewood Cliffs, NJ
Transform existing bodies of technical data into usable models within a new configuration data database. This configuration data is essential to the operation of on-air systems that leverage the latest technologies in Broadcast Engineering: Video over IP, virtualization, Master Control automation systems, non-linear editing, and Internet distribution. Use that first-hand experience to contribute to improvements of the platform's various user interfaces.
The ideal candidate is highly technical, likes the challenge of solving problems, is creative with processing data, and is interested in " tip-of-the-spear and " first-of-a-kind technology and strategic projects.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work with engineering and operational partners to collect and understand data, as well as drive project priorities
- Understanding conceptual and signal flow diagrams
- Manage existing documentation, ensuring changes to systems are correctly captured and documented
- Interface on a technical level with colleagues to understand design choices, workflows, configurations, etc.
- Possess analytical skills for problem solving
- Strong confidence with Microsoft Excel, comfort with other Microsoft Office software
- Working knowledge of IP networking concepts
- Strong attention to detail and appreciation for accurate documentation
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated; an independent worker who also performs well in a collaborative environment
- Positive and professional attitude
- Willingness to learn and embrace new technology
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or Engineering helpful, but not necessary
- Experience with AutoCAD and Visio helpful
- Familiarity with baseband video signal flow, standards, and common video infrastructure
- Ability to handle a multi-project work environment and manage time accordingly