The Data Analyst interprets data and turns it into information which can offer ways to improve the business, thus affecting business decisions. Data Analysts gather information from various sources and interpret patterns and trends. Once data has been gathered and interpreted, the Data Analyst will report back what has been found in a comprehensive report format to the wider business/relevant colleagues.
- Maintain and emphasize confidentiality when dealing with all client data.
- Collect, organize, and analyze data from multiple data sources/applications.
- Utilize analytical skills and tools to ensure data is accurate.
- Process requests from various Client departments to supply data extractions by reviewing user requirements.
- Design comprehensive data reports/extractions and other business tools.
- Disseminate the approved data to outside entities (via HL7 interface or SFTP)
- Create comprehensive documentation for all projects as reference materials.
- Continually seek to improve technical knowledge by identifying educational workshops; reviewing publications; establishing personal networks; participating in technical societies.
- Meditech Magic/CS (Intermediate / Advanced skill level);
- Knowledge of Data Structure; Queries / Dictionaries
- NPR Report Writer
- Skilled in analyzing Clinical and Financial Data
- Problem solving / Documentation skills
- Microsoft SQL
- Data Structure / Tables / Queries / Stored Procedures
- Data Extraction
- Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access)
- Minimum of four years in a statistics, data, or analytical position
- Strong communication, analytical, and critical thinking skills
- Promote Process Improvement in all projects
- Bachelor's degree in finance, mathematics, business, or other related field
- Knowledge of HL7 interfaces, web analytics, SFTP processes
- Microsoft Project
- Microsoft Visio