Data Analyst & Developer
New York, NY
The Global Multi-Asset team applies a top-down macro investing approach across a variety of asset classes, including global stocks, bonds, currencies and commodities. The team manages ~$8bn in assets for a diverse range of clients in both on and offshore mutual funds and separately managed institutional accounts.
The Temporary Systems/Data Analyst & Developer will support the Global Multi-Asset (GMA) Team's quantitative research efforts, as well as support, improve, and expand the GMA team's macroeconomic and quantitative research platform, an integral part of its portfolio management activities. The position will work directly with the team's research analysts and portfolio managers. Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail are required.
Support existing quantitative data team in the following areas:
- Assisting with development, programming, documentation, maintenance, production and improvement of the functions, models (fundamental and quantitative), spreadsheets, indicators and charts used by PMs and analysts for identifying attractive asset classes, markets, sectors, industries and themes (with a top-down focus rather than on security selection).
- Helping to maintain, organize, and expand existing 3rd party and proprietary financial and economic databases, including development of data loaders, locating new sources of data as well as individual data series, and developing and maintaining conventions and processes for data objects.
- Manage development and process workflow with respect to the GMA research platform
- Maintain and improve the team's internal website used for research distribution and retrieval.
- Expanding the teams security / factor data set and performing related analysis and research.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve independently, exceptional organizational skills, and a detail-oriented approach
- Degree focus in Computer Science or Financial Mathematics, with some Statistics/modeling or Economics/Finance background; CFA program participation a plus
- Familiarity with financial data providers (Thomson Datastream, Haver, FactSet, etc.)
- Prior experience with client IT infrastructure a plus
- Familiarity with statistical software (Matlab, R, Splus, etc) a plus
- Exposure to or experience in factor / style investing a plus