New York, NY
The analyst must be able to collect and reconcile operational data, coordinating information requirements and procedures. They will recommend actions and confirm information with other departments through comparative analyses of daily variances and discrepancies.
Maintaining databases and reviewing data integrity is of utmost importance. Increasing productivity through the development of automated data aggregation is a plus.
Analysis of trends and revenue forecast is required as needed by Head of Control Unit, along with accounting knowledge and skills if required.
He/She must keep up to date on proposed methods and regulatory materials as well as be able to pursue market research on key issues and projects. Maintaining technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and reviewing publications is recommended and required on a yearly basis.
Confidentiality is valued in all situations.
- Ensuring the integrity of data (i.E. Transactions, positions…) between the front-office systems used by the Firm.
- Producing daily P&L and risk exposure report for Management.
- The research and resolution of questions and/or problem items relating to accounting and financial risk matters.
- Problem solving, and financial analysis on ad-hoc projects.
Knowledge/ Education Requirement:
- Intermediate to Advanced skill set in MS Excel and Murex
- Strong computer skills (e.G., MS Office, Outlook)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with a P&L calculations
- Experience with data analysis to determine root cause issues and ability to resolve in a timely manner
- Ability to multitask effectively and complete projects by set deadlines
- Experience with financial reporting systems required
Level of Authority:
No supervisory responsibilities
Head of Control Unit/Credit Risk