Compliance - Registrations Specialist
New York, NY
With market experience across the globe, the trading desks, sales teams, and research analysts support institutional clients with the distribution of primary products and trade execution. The business offers trading capabilities in credit, investment grade, and high yield; rates, U.S. Treasuries, and derivatives; and equities, convertibles, and structured products.
Due to the diverse nature of our business we require a clear unifying vision for all of our people. It is this vision and our corporate values that reflect who we are and guide how we behave. We therefore strive to recruit individuals who share our vision and values, and who have the motivation and commitment to help us move our business forward.
Main purpose of the role:
Support the Compliance department by managing the firm's securities registration-related responsibilities.
- Process Form U4 for new staff and Form U5 for departing staff. Conduct CRD pre-hire checks and coordinate with vendor to complete background checks. Arrange for and submit fingerprints. Determine examination and state licensing requirements. Work with HR to ensure a smooth onboarding and termination process. Update the Supervisory Map assigning registered representatives to a supervisor. Update Form Client and Form BR as necessary.
- Identify and obtain preparatory study materials for examinations and training materials for Firm Element continuing education.
- Develop and draft registrations departmental policy, procedure, and checklist controls.
- Coordinate with other team members to administer the onboarding and termination of staff enrolled in the Supervisory Map, personal account monitoring system and e-communications system.
- Maintain registration files and perform periodic quality assurance.
- Communicate with Client staff periodically to ensure that registrations and filing related responsibilities have been met.
- Prepare and distribute periodic reports to management. Participate in testing and monitoring of related systems.
- Perform general compliance duties and ad hoc projects.
Skills and experience:
- The ideal candidate will have three or more years of directly relevant broker dealer compliance experience in registration.
- In depth knowledge of broker dealer registration is essential. Must know registration requirements of the SEC and Client. Knowledge of IIROC requirements and NRD system a plus.
- Competency in using Client Gateway and WebCRD. Experience with RegEd also helpful.
- Working knowledge of US securities regulations and products.
Team player. Strong communication skills and comfort working in a dynamic environment.