Client Service Manager (Loan Agency)
New York, NY
In this role the individual is responsible for the delivery of first class service to our client base. The client Service Managers are expected to own and develop their client relationships. Likewise this role is expected to align itself with the more strategically significant clients such as; Syndicated lending, PEF (which includes infrastructure Project Bonds) and all other Loans products which are a principal element of CTLA's strategy. The role requires appropriate positioning and alignment of the client service delivery function against our strategy. The role is responsible for all post mandate activities, including on boarding of the clients and handling all post-closing requirements. This role requires close coordination of activities with our on-shore Transaction Management and Business Development teams, and off-shore operations teams. The jobholder is required to be fully conversant with the range of products offered in the syndicated loan market and project and export finance market and to maintain an awareness of market developments.
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Manage relationships with our business partners at levels (origination and relationship teams), and act as a primary escalation point for critical issues.
- Knowledge of Loan Closing and administration.
- Ensure there is close collaboration at all levels between Services teams and across CTLA.
- Provide expertise and guidance in complex facilities.
- Build strong client relationships at the highest level which drives retentive new business.
- Client visits (Physical/VC/Conference) program to be undertaken for all clients. Frequency will depend on size of relationship (minimum annual visit).
- Take an active role in identify and acquiring new business opportunities
- Leadership of the Client Service team extends to;
- Seamless onboarding of new deals including facilitating KYC and account opening function and deal closing requirements
- On-going day today management of deal requirements (noting the more proactive requirements of PEF deals especially during the construction phase).
- Manage within compliance, Regulatory, Legal and Risk standards.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Work with internal and external legal counsel, compliance and risk to establish and effective relationship and ensure adequate support of the client service business.
- Implement new procedures/controls as necessary.
- Deal with waiver and amendment requests received from clients (as well as any default situations). This will involve coordination with the syndicate lenders and client, and liaising with external lawyers where required. The scope of each request should be assessed in consultation with the team head or senior transaction manager, and a work fee agreed with the client where applicable. The process should be carried out in accordance with LSTA guidelines.
- On-going support of the transactions will include (but not be limited to): dealing with individual ad-hoc lender requests; liaise with syndicate lenders and clients on syndicate-wide issues; liaise with external lawyers where required; attend bank meetings or conference calls; and attend client presentations.
- To develop best practice in client servicing and to participate in regular sessions with the client servicing team to share knowledge and experience
- Participate in cross training to establish a strong and multi-functional client services team able to support the entirety of our Loans and PEF current business and position it for future strategic growth.
- To seek and develop client development opportunities.
- Performs according to prescribed procedures.
- 10+ years' experience within Loan Agency/Project Finance environment and knowledge of LIQ a plus.
- Extensive product knowledge of the loans markets, including syndicated lending, export finance and project finance.
- Strong client relationships skills to drive a first class client service focused model
- Self-starter and self-motivated with strong leadership skills, able to lead develop and motivate team.
- Strategic thinker, able to both drive business strategy, and also translate business strategy into a client service oriented execution plan.
- Thorough understanding of market standard loan documentation and also strong understanding of operation risk.