Business Intelligence Analyst
New York, NY
Summary - The Business Intelligence Analyst will report to the Director, Data Operations and will be part of a team responsible for design and development of an enterprise wide business intelligence solution, Tableau. BI team provides analytical services and solutions to the organization's decision-making process, corporate performance management, and clients. This position will meet frequently with management to discuss needs or requirements and translate into intuitive information dashboards and visualization. The analyst will consult with business users regarding the use and management of data as well as work in design, maintenance, and completion of highly visible organizational projects creating efficient solutions.
This is an opportunity to work closely with a team that has a diverse set of data-oriented skills, to develop visualization solutions with data that spans all of our business units and includes metrics for the Knicks, Rangers, Rockettes, and concerts held in our venues.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about the field of analytics and well versed in all aspects of an enterprise-wide analytics architecture including data integration, data modeling, and master data management.
- Partner with business stakeholders to define their business intelligence needs and develop solutions for delivering against them
- Design, build, maintain, and optimize data visualizations and other self-service tools to provide actionable insights that enhance business decision making
- Set up tools and processes for effective data management.
- Shape best practices in visualization to deliver an excellent end user experience
- Leverage full range of Tableau platform technologies to design and implement production ready solutions and create advanced BI visualizations.
- Partner with enterprise data architects to define data requirements of business intelligence visualizations and tools
- Develop and provides documentation, training, and support for clients.
- Champion utilization of business intelligence technology across functional roles throughout the organization
- Manage portfolio of business intelligence projects to ensure delivery
- Perform data analysis and identify business trends that can be turned into actionable insights
- 3+ years business intelligence experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 2+ years' experience in integrating data visualization tools successfully with Big data ecosystem
- Strong spirit of innovation, self-starter, independent, and with ability to come up with solutions to meet business problems
- Strong desire to learn new things and pass knowledge acquired onto others
- Experience in implementation of end-to-end BI life-cycle projects including dimensional modeling, ETL/integration processes and metadata modeling
- Must have experience in Agile reports delivery methodology
- Must have deep understanding of data warehouse processes, dimensional modeling (star schema and snowflake schema) and ETL/Integration
- Keen attention to detail with deep quantitative and analytical skills and demonstrated capacity to solve problems and enhance reporting
- Strong relationship skills and ability to build alignment among customers and key stakeholders with demonstrated experience influencing without authority
- Self-starter with ability to solve ambiguous/ open ended business challenges
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, deadline driven, highly dynamic atmosphere and react quickly to changes and shifting priorities.
- Data interfaces such as Web Services, REST API and XML