New York, NY
A highly professional and experienced procurement manager is required to fulfil a consultant role within the Firmwide Sourcing department. In this role you will be responsible for the sourcing of Corporate Travel
- Working closely with the Global Sourcing Lead for Travel apply a specialist commercial focus to one of the largest categories of expenditure with the bank's third party suppliers. Working closely with business users, and negotiating commercial terms at a global level, the role will consistently deliver value to the business.
- Manage all day-to-day contractual and commercial requirements and issues arising within the areas of responsibility including, but not limited to, tender preparation, bid analysis, contract preparation and award, contract negotiation and administration, strategic vendor management and both internal, external representation of the procurement function.
- Lead the planning and development of procurement strategies and ensure these are implemented, where appropriate, on a global basis.
- Maintain up-to-date commercial and contractual knowledge of the market place and methods adopted by peer group organisations to ensure that best practices are continually evaluated, developed and implemented within the procurement group.
- Working either autonomously or closely with internal stakeholders to develop purchasing strategies and lead commercial negotiations with vendors - on a local, regional and global basis (where appropriate) - in an effort to develop strategic vendor relationships.
- Enhance the credibility of the function by working closely with internal customers whilst demonstrating the highest standards of professionalism and commercial/legal expertise.
Impact on the Business:
- Employ professional practices to actively manage the global spend to achieve sustainable savings that enable the business to invest in additional requirements and provide Brokerage with a clear strategy in handling initial requirements.
- Co-ordinate all requirements for the category to achieve benefits for the whole group by leveraging the global relationships with the key vendors.
- Ensure maximum contractual protection for the business when sourcing category goods and services from third party suppliers, taking into account Brokerage's requirements and local regulatory issues.
Leadership & Teamwork:
- Work as a key influential member of the category or project team
Operational Effectiveness & Control:
- Ensure that agreements are in place for relevant products and services
- Liaise with Senior Management on the development and deployment of contracts
- Provide category purchasing support to all countries
- Identify and achieve savings
- The close relationship with senior stakeholders around the world will be key to influencing procurement decisions.
- The jobholder must develop, enhance and manage global discount and rebate programmes with category vendors.
- Some vendors will also be major corporate customers and reciprocal trading issues will require careful management.
- The jobholder has to be the focal point of contact for issues relating to the category.
Management of Risk:
- The jobholder is responsible for overseeing and ensuring that global agreements are established, where appropriate, in accordance with the Brokerage procedures.
- Effective vendor management is important to ensure that goods and services are delivered on time and to the quality specified.
- Educated to degree level, as a minimum,
- Must have extremely strong procurement experience in the following: Travel Global
- Experience with dealing effectively with demanding stakeholders
- Knowledge of the Travel industry
- Supplier negotiation experience, incorporating commercial and legal terms
- Must possess excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, to enable effective communication at the most senior levels. Should have the ability to get things done efficiently in a complex, multi-level, multi-functional organisation.
- Is able to lead, motivate, and develop internal relationships effectively at all levels.