Business Analyst III
New York, NY
Equity Swaps experience, Excel
Cash Settlements, Equity Swap Settlements, Associate
Client is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1, 200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Client can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Shared Service and Banking Operations provide utility processing services to Global Operations. By functionalizing processes across segments, SSBO realizes efficiencies through scale, location strategy and adoption of best practices. SSBO provides quality operational core processes at an optimal price point, with maximum benefit to MS business lines. Services currently provided by SSBO include Cash Management, OTC Derivative and Security Settlements, Position Services, Reconciliations, Tax, Client Reference Data, Network Management and Vendor Management.
The Equity Cash Settlements team is responsible for all aspects of settlement for Equity OTC derivatives trades (including futures, options and swaps). The position requires daily client service exposure with various investment banks, hedge funds, and asset managers globally as well as the firm's internal sales and trading desks, and other firm support teams. In this role, you will become the " face of Brokerage operations for some of the most sophisticated investors in the world. Our mission is to provide business units with highly efficient, cost effective settlement services that enrich the client experience and strengthen the bonds we share with our clients.
Background on the Team
The Equity Cash Settlements team manages the post-trade settlement process for some of Brokerage's most profitable financial instruments. The team is responsible for controlling risk to Brokerage by managing client relationships to ensure that high risk settlements are settled accurately, on time and efficiently. When there are post-settlement issues or discrepancies, the team investigates and resolves the issue while maintaining a strong client service and continuous improvement orientation and working collaboratively with internal groups such as at sales & trading and trade support.
Equity OTC Derivatives products
- Act as a process owner and be accountable for personal workflow
- Develop and improve existing processes and reporting
- Daily communication with clients to agree on upcoming cash flows and respond to client escalations
- Responding to client queries relating to position breaks, corporate action bookings and reporting
- Investigate and resolve process failures through daily interaction with Trading, Sales, Prime Brokerage and middle office groups
- Reconciliation and analysis of breaks
- Client and business unit relationship management
- Translate complex trade information between internal stakeholders & external clients
- Reducing risk exposure through escalation and strong communication
- Work as part of the global settlements team to develop, test & implement internal system changes
- Identification and escalation of process inefficiencies to management team & Change the Bank teams
- Collaborating with multiple stakeholders to devise and field new processes, controls, and technologies
Skills required (essential):
- Strong analytical acumen and organizational skills
- Assertive demeanor with a superb client service mindset
- Proven ability to work efficiently and accurately under pressure in a fast paced multi-tasking environment
- Eagerness to learn complex financial instruments and become a subject matter expert over time
- Excellent ability to communicate - both written and verbal
- Grit to tackle hard challenges head-on and not be discouraged
- Professional presence in person/on the phone and strong ownership mentality
Although specific knowledge of financial instruments is not a pre-requisite; the aptitude to learn, demonstrated by strong academic performance, is highly desired. Due to the nature of the products traded, the job requires the ability to identify problems proactively and understand when these need to be escalated. Strong problem solving skills and attention to detail are a necessity. The candidate should possess a good appreciation of risk - both operationally and franchise. Excellent Microsoft Excel and Word skills are required. In addition, the role requires extensive client interaction both internally and externally so the ability to maintain and build excellent client relationships is a priority.