Business Analyst, Part Time
Business Analyst will provide support of on-going/day to day PMO processes.
General Description of Duties (What will associate do?):
Analyze business processes and workflows.
oMeet with users to identify needs and requests for the system.
Analyze system processes.
oWork closely with team members to identify technical needs, technical constraints, effort, and the potential to meet user needs.
oIdentify the source of a problem or issue.
Provide technical expertise in identifying, evaluating, and developing systems and procedures.
Document specifications, workflows, and user requirements. Maintain specifications, revising as changes and enhancements are developed.
Carryout responsibilities within each phase of the project life cycle including user meetings, requirements development and review, development, testing, implementation, and go-live.
oEstimate and report own effort and adhere to project schedule as defined in Work Breakdown.
Ensure the build matches the client's requirements.
- Develop materials and train users in the use of the new system.
- Document policies and procedures, allowing for consistency in project methodologies and PMO tool processes.
- Quality Assurance responsibilities including the planning and execution of functional, regression, and user acceptance testing.
- Troubleshoot and analyze data to ensure that system is functioning as per user requirements.
oPrepare various reports (recurring and ad-hoc) containing key performance indicators. Facilitate all follow up actions with Project and Product Managers.
oCompile metrics relating to PMO Program/projects.
oManage weekly and monthly project time tracking reports.
- Prepare forecast and project reports for Portfolio Planning meetings.
- Provide support to PMO Portfolio Manager. Some responsibilities would include;
- Works with Project Managers to provide advice on program / project planning, execution and tracking.
Technical Skills Required (please note required proficiency level):
- Business systems analysis
- Creating system specifications
- Documentation of user requirements and workflows
- Quality Assurance and testing
- Familiar with relevant business processes and workflows.
- Strong proficiency in Excel. Experience with pivot tables and charts a must
- Proficiency using MS Word, PowerPoint and Visio
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience as a Business or Systems Analyst
- Previous Project Management experience is a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Process improvement experience a plus
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with other team members
Education Requirements: Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
Analyzes complex business problems to be solved with automated systems. Prepares detailed requirements specifications and provides technical expertise in identifying, evaluating and developing systems and procedures that meet user requirements.
Analyze business and system processes and workflows. Identify stakeholders. Meet with users to identify needs and requests for the system. Analyze complex problems to be solved with automated systems. With an in-depth understanding of the system and the potential functionality, make suggestions for process improvements and modifications to the system based on findings and user criteria. Create specifications for systems to meet business or clinical requirements. Work closely with team members to identify technical needs, technical constraints, effort and potential to meet user needs. Document specifications, workflows, and user requirements. Maintain specifications, revising as changes and enhancements are developed. Carryout responsibilities within each phase of the project life cycle including user meetings, requirements development and review, development, testing, implementation and go-live support. Provide timely, effective and professional customer support 24x7 on a rotating basis. Create user training materials and/or participate in training users. Document policies and procedures, allowing for consistency in practices.