New York, NY
Qualifications: Billing analysts should be able to work independently with minimal oversight. Prospective applicants must be effective managers of time, due in part to short turnaround times for billing. Analysts must be able to effectively meet deadlines and prioritize work assignments for efficiency. Organizational skills are a key component to success in this field, as it requires working with large amounts of data.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the month end, quarterly and year end closing process for operating and capital expenses
- Establish and carry out regular financial reporting as agreed or assigned to assure efficient and financial operations
- Ensure the accuracy of accruals.
- Work with IT Management to manage & coordinate the annual IT Capital and Operational Budgeting process: and work with IT teams during the annual budgeting process to create the annual IT Capital & Operational budget
- Monitor and track monthly, quarterly and year end budget vs. Actual
- Manage month, quarterly, yearend accrual process.
- Variance analysis on a tactical level
- Analyze data and report on department indicators – including but not limited to operating expenses, capital expenses, and other departmental metrics.
- Utilize in-depth knowledge of the IT organization' s expense structure to develop departmental annual cost savings initiatives which will be presented to IT Senior management
- Works with IT Finance Director to continuously improve the IT Finance business processes & update IT Finance business process maps
- Work with IT Finance Director to identify business process risks within the IT Finance group and recommend controls to mitigate the identified risks
- Partner with business and IT project teams by understanding each team' s strategic focus and operational plan
- Process and oversee various technology invoices for proper allocation
- Experience (Years): 5 Years +
- Certifications: N/A
- Software skills needed:
- Expertise in financial management, preferably in a financial industry setting preferred.
- Expertise in processing of invoices, allocations, etc.
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail.
- Advanced knowledge of financial reporting.
- Strong Microsoft Excel knowledge required.
- College Degree: Bachelors in Accounting or Related Field.
- Communication Skills: Strong analytical and communications skills
- Team Collaboration Abilities: Able to work as part of a team