Basking Ridge, NJ
The Audit Manager is capable of accepting responsibilities for all phases of an engagement, supervising several engagements simultaneously, while providing training to less experienced staff members.
Essential Functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Possess a thorough understanding of GAAP (as set forth by FASB and/or GASB), other comprehensive bases of accounting, unique or specialized accounting principles and financial statement presentations, generally accepted accounting standards and common audit procedures and techniques.
- Recognize significant aspects of a client's business and utilize this knowledge to serve the client.
- Responsible for setting up new accounts, handling initial aspects of new engagements, and determining what work must be performed on engagements.
- Review and examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Develop expectations for analytical analyses based on industry standards and client data.
- Plan and assign work to team members on the basis of their knowledge and capabilities, usually on multiple engagements, running concurrently.
- Supervise the work through completion, while monitoring team member efficiency and a thorough understanding of the assignments and objectives.
- Develop effective approaches to performing an audit, based on a solid understanding of individual client situations.
- Verify the accuracy of the client organization's internal records and check for mismanagement, waste, or fraud.
- Research proficiencies include recognizing accounting or auditing issues as they arise in client situations, including possible solutions.
- Advanced levels of computer proficiency in order to improve efficiency on assignments,
- Bachelor's degree with a major in Accounting or comparable subject. Master's in Accounting or Taxation highly preferred
- CPA License required
- Minimum of 6 to 8 years of public accounting experience.
- Experience with Uniform guidance (A-133), governmental, HUD and/or IFRS a plus.
- Strong mentoring/coaching capabilities, able to guide staff members to achieve their fullest potential.
- Highly organized, able to prioritize tasks, responsive and polished communication skills (verbal and written).
- Proficient with business software tools such as CCH Engagement and Microsoft Office applications.
- Efficiently manage full life cycle of multiple projects, including addressing higher risk audit areas.
- Develop a network of potential referral sources and identify opportunities to sell additional Prager Metis services.
- Demonstrated ability to function at a high level in a deadline driven, time sensitive environment