New York, NY
Respected Top 100 CPA firm seeks a Senior Auditor for our New York City location. We seek a self-motivated professional with a genuine desire to embrace this challenging career opportunity to work in a team oriented environment while taking on a variety of assignments. Qualified individuals will have the opportunity to join our employee friendly corporate culture, which also offers excellent career growth and mobility.
Essential Functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide support to all phases of engagements including planning, field work and wrap up.
- Manage and train staff to understand accounting/auditing procedures
- Maintain an updated knowledge of rules, regulations, and standards
- Preparation of financial statements by gathering and analyzing information
- Answer accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data
- Mentoring lower level staff to help in their professional growth.
- Bachelor's degree with a major in Accounting or comparable subject
- A thorough understanding GAAP and Statutory Accounting Principles
- Outstanding communication skills, both oral and written
- Knowledge of SEC and PCAOB auditing standards a plus