Audio Product Dev Manager
New York, NY
- Manage audio and sensory systems development process
- Establishes quantitative requirements and specifications based on interpreting creative intent for audio and sensory systems including haptic, scent, hot/cold and wind
- Produces scopes of work and manages progress from design through installation
- Reviews designs and documentation from vendors ensuring compliance with contractual requirements and specifications
- Leads production reviews at vendor locations ensuring product quality, specification conformance, and schedule accuracy
- Develops and oversees project schedules and budgetary demands.
- Troubleshoot and resolve system issues related to hardware and software interactions
- Document or review vendor documentation for newly created systems and create Standard Operating Procedure documentation as needed
- Manage and build mockups, proof of concepts, and prototypes
- Develop an open working relationship with the facility team, architect, and specialty/general contractor(s) to ensure a clear line of communication regarding installation, test, and adjust activities
- 5-7 years designing, specifying, acquiring, integrating and delivering quality devices at scale.
- Significant experience in networking including wired, wireless, nearfield and radio networks; wave filed synthesis, beamforming, infrasound technologies, 3D immersive technologies or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong integration skills and able to coordinate multiple disciplines at the same time
- Ability to integrate software and hardware solutions
- Knowledgeable in sensory experience platforms, e.G., those found in theme parks.
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering, Materials Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Computer Networking required, Advanced degree preferred. With a specific focus on Audio Systems and Acoustics
- Industrial Design background
- Audio DSP and FIR development
- Rapid Prototyping
- C++, LUA, Python, Matlab, Max MSP programming
- Theatrical Technical Direction
- Theatrical Sound Designer
- Professional Live audio systems designer and/or audio mixer
- Entertainment and Special Events