New York, NY
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full Time
JOB LEVEL: Associate
Investment Management (IMIT) Technology
Investment Management (IMIT) Technology exclusively partners with the Investment Management (IM) business division to design and develop systems and integrate vendor products to globally support full life cycle business processing. Activities include Portfolio Analysis, Risk, Trading, Operations, and Sales & Marketing. Investment Management (IM) Technology also provides holistic support and quality assurance across the suite of applications used in the firm' s IM environment.
Global Security Data (GSD) System is a Security Master Referential data-hub for global Brokerage Investment Management (MSIM). GSD is a 24*7 system used as a centralized source for collection of security and benchmark referential information from multiple internal and market data sources like Bloomberg, Aladdin, Factset etc. It is also used to ensure that a single version of truth for Security information is preserved for downstream consumption. Across IM globally, various front office portfolio management decision systems, trading platforms, Risk, Compliance and Client Reporting functions are dependent on GSD for clean Security Referential data, thus making it a mission critical application.
We are looking for a strong java developer to join the global GSD technology team to assist in building out enhancements as part of the GSD renovation program. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of delivering complex solutions in a timely manner. Prior experience building solutions in the Sec Master space will be a very huge plus.
The ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate innovation, technical excellence, autonomy and leadership skills (technical, people and/or project). The candidate will need to liaise with business users and development teams across the globe and hence excellent communication skills (verbal and written) are critical to succeed in this role.
This individual will also be responsible for on-going L3 support of the GSD platform.
- Experience in financial sector is required
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with business users and peer teams
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision in a global team environment
- Strong team player with a results-oriented focus and a highly disciplined approach towards meeting objectives
- Flexibility to adapt to changing needs and requirements
- Ambitious and eager to learn new technologies and spearhead its adoption to take the platform to the next level
- BS Degree in Computer Science (or equivalent).
- At least 5 years of experience in application development.
- Strong foundational knowledge of JAVA in Multi-tier service based environment is a must
- Strong development experience in Core Java (1.7 and above) including Spring framework
- Strong knowledge of SQL.(Use of Sybase DB will be a plus.)
- Strong knowledge of XML and SOAP
- Experience in Spring Batch will be a plus
- Working knowledge of UNIX environments
- Working knowledge of Python (Optional)