Assistant Director (Non-Cleared Margin Initiative)
New York, NY
The Assistant Director, Non-Cleared Margin Initiative is a member of a global team with a focus on coordinating projects and team activities under the non-cleared margin and product development remit. The role entails interaction with a broad range of market participants (at all levels) globally, across all sectors of the market, as well as with technology solution providers and other industry associations. The individual will also be required to drive and manage member driven and internal projects, and respond to queries regarding Client documentation and initiatives. The role is varied and high profile.
Duties and responsibilities
- Project Manage and support for various initiatives and projects under the non-cleared margin and product development remit.
- Ensure accurate and up to date information is retained and appropriate involvement from relevant team members is sought where required.
- Be responsible and reliable in using initiative in forward planning for the team.
- Facilitate the industry interest received in SIMM licensing into a Commitment Tracking Process, monitoring and progressing actions to ensure team are prepared to best serve our members.
- Handle tracking and ongoing management of roadmap, custody flows, data model, third party integration, and other aspects of the Client Create initiative.
- Assistance with Standardisation initiatives from a product and process perspective.
- Liaise internally to make sure that member views are brought to the attention of the relevant Client staff and incorporated in Committee and Working Group agenda and processes.
- Demonstrate the highest regard for accuracy, confidentiality and follow-through to secure a continued relationship with members.
- Support the organisation of industry meetings, developing agendas, facilitating consensus amongst member firms, writing minutes, developing materials and ensuring that the groups deliver results and follows up.
- Liaise with Client members for feedback, Committee and Working Group agenda items, and relevant materials.
- Participation in regulatory and legal projects where any operations input is required.
- Coordinating with the Client Web Developers to update Committee details (etc...) on the Client website.
- Develop strong internal relationships across the global organization.
- Foster and maintain a strong network externally via outreach to the membership.
- Degree in any speciality is desireable but degree in finance or finance-related is preferred.
- Team-player who contributes to support the broader team and Client as a whole.
- Able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of member firms.
- Detail-oriented in composing, typing and proofing materials.
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic which demonstrates an appreciation for punctuality, reliability and a desire to achieve results.
- Proven ability to establish priorities, meet deadlines, and manage multiple competing tasks and demands. Previous experience of project management is desirable.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to address issues with tact and diplomacy.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience in derivatives operations, preferably in the margin or collateral space and with an emphasis on Trade Support or Project Management.
- Subject matter expert knowledge within derivatives.
- Experience of Microsoft Project would be beneficial.