App Dev Java
New York, NY
Client is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1, 200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Client can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Corporate and Funding Technology (CFT) is one of the divisions within Technology & Data. We face off to the business and support services to develop and oversee the overall technology strategy and bespoke technology solutions to drive and enable the enterprise. Our clients include teams across Fixed Income, Equities, Bank Resource Management, Operations, Finance, and Legal & Compliance. We are part of the Stock Loan, Secured Funding, and Collateral Management subdivision that specifically focuses on providing technology solutions for Corporate Treasury, Bank Resource Management and their corresponding Finance, Operations, and Risk functions.
Client is recognized as a global leader across the Stock Loan, Secured Funding, and Collateral Management space. The group develops applications to support all business functions in the area such as Trade capture, Trade enrichment, lifecycle management, position management, exposure management and metrics.
There are multiple strategic renovations in the area, extending the scope of our system to support both new revenue generation for our business along with significant operational efficiency gains and system cost savings. The group is looking for an eager developer to join our New York team and help deliver on our projects as an active developer.
A successful candidate will have experience working as part of a global team on the full software development lifecycle (SDLC) in an agile development environment using cutting edge technologies
The applications we develop on provide critical firm functions, such as trading desks, with a sophisticated suite of decision and analytic functions, allowing them to manage and process a large number of transactions, and make decisions with huge financial impact. The environment is fast-paced and business-focused. The ideal candidate will have programming experience in Java and/or functional programming with Scala, with good analytical and communication skills. Familiarity with event-driven real-time systems is a must. The selected candidate will interact closely with our business users globally, including traders, so strong written and verbal skills are required.
- Working with developers in the team and in other regions.
- Working closely with developers in related teams.
- Hands on Java development of the system.
- The candidate will be expected to build an understanding of the business domain and apply it in their development role.
Skills required (essential):
- The candidate should have a proven track record of successful software delivery projects implementing server-based java applications, with experience of applying agile processes across the full development lifecycle.
- They should have experience of working with global teams. They must demonstrate strong communication skills and be comfortable interacting with users to understand the business domain, design technology solutions to business problems, and communicate those solutions in business language.
- Experience working with software systems, ideally Java based server-side development on Unix/Linux.
- Good understanding of the principles of modern software development, including multi-threaded programming and high availability systems.
- Excellent communication skills with a proven ability to develop strong working relationships with end users.
- Proven ability to deliver high-quality software.
- Agile development practices.
- Strong core Java (highly multithreaded).
- Experience of repo, securities lending, derivatives margin, central counterparty clearing, or collateral management, whilst not required, is desirable.
- Test driven development.
- Experience using relational databases (SQL).