New York, NY
- Designing and implementing mobile solutions making appropriate use of software design patterns and best practices
- Estimating tasks to help with planning
- Researching and resolving client reported issues
- Writing unit tests and UI tests to help continuously test our apps and increase the quality of our apps
- Review project requirements and define acceptance criteria with the team
- Contribute to a SCRUM based agile team in daily stand-ups, sprint planning meetings and retrospectives
- 2 + years' experience in mobile development
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or at least 4 years additional experience in Information Technology
- Must have at least one app published in Google Play app store. App must have server side interactions. (NOTE: If you do not have a published app you must be able to demonstrate and explain Android code)
- Must have an understanding of major Android Design & Development paradigms spanning User Experience (native and webviews), data ingestion, analytics, webservices etc.
- Demonstrable understanding of application of Material Design Guidelines
- Experience writing multi-threaded apps.
- Demonstrated skills in writing and testing (unit, automation, integration) high-quality, readable, well-architected and efficient code.
- Experience with JSON and XML
- Experience with version control Git preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, business management, time management and developmental skills.
- Ability to communicate with other employees in the company in both technical and non-technical roles.
Please list the preferred skills here:
- Experience with Kotlin
- iOS development experience would be a huge plus