New York, NY
The Associate role reports to the New York Director of Change Management. The candidate will support various initiatives including Front Office, Regulatory, Compliance, Operations, Finance and Risk and any other solutions to support our business. The project drivers will be implementation of new products, regulatory compliance, cost reduction, efficiency exercises or upgrades.
- Representing Change Management in special project as well as business driven strategic initiatives. This includes coordination and implementation of change initiatives including active project management, preparation of materials, coordination of information requests, conducting research and impact analysis.
- Developing an in depth understanding of the business (e.G. Products, front to back flows, revenues, costs, personnel, strategic plan, initiatives)
- Identifying risk mitigating and efficiency opportunities in the day to day activity and ensuring that solutions are implemented consistently
- Ensuring timely communication to relevant business, support groups and management stakeholders around issues / regulatory changes / process changes etc
- Take a proactive approach to the more administrative activities within the portfolio working to simplify or automate where possible
- Provide general support to the department as necessary including preparation of presentation, coordination of meetings, action items follow-up and miscellaneous research and analysis.
Skills and Experience Requirements
- Undergraduate degree, together with 2-5 or more years work experience in a front office, back office or a change management function.
- Keen interest in working in the Financial Services sector with an understanding of the fundamentals of financial markets, asset classes and products.
- Strong business and results orientation
- Proven record of performance and accomplishment – delivering timely and quality results, maintaining high productivity level, and balancing multiple concurrent activities and work priorities
- Delivering against milestones on a timely basis and to a high standard without management intervention
- Networking and influencing across the front to back organization to deliver key business objectives
- Operating independently, acting as a self-starter and problem solver
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and customer service orientation
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (especially Excel and Powerpoint)